It’s an exciting time of progression and improvement here at Reading Borough Council and our Regulatory Services area forms a key part in our drive to ensure Reading can achieve its potential and everyone can benefit from its success.
About the role
We are looking for 3 full-time Regulator Service Assistants to work within Trading Standards, Private Sector Housing and Environmental Protection. You will also be working alongside staff from our other teams within Regulatory Services including; food safety, health and safety and licensing. After initially gaining an understanding of the broad range of work undertaken by the service the successful candidate will be based in either the Trading Standards, Environmental Protection or Private Sector Housing teams and candidates should express an interest in which area they would prefer to work in. Information on each service has been provided and is enclosed in the pack.
Applicants should be:
- Organised, self-motivated, a team player, committed to working hard and eager to learn many different skills with a high accuracy level.
- You should have good IT skills, numeracy, and be able to communicate clearly and professionally by telephone as well as in writing.
- Yu will have a good standard of education at GCSE including English and Maths,
- You will need to demonstrate a proven ability and willingness to study and develop your skills and knowledge to successfully complete the Regulatory Compliance Officer (RCO) Apprenticeship
If you are looking to begin a varied, interesting and challenging career then this could be the opportunity for you.
If you would like to ask questions about this post before applying please call:
Paul Evans- 0118 937 2497 firstname.lastname@example.org, or Matthew Golledge - 0118 937 2479 email@example.com
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Closing date: Monday 17 June 2019
Interview Date: 26/27 June 2019
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change