TUTOR POSITIONS: IT and Social Media, ESOL, Maths, English
Management Grouping: The Learning and Enterprise College Bexley
Team: Education to Employment
Salary: £30,367 - £34,983 per annum
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 17th June 2019
The Learning & Enterprise College Bexley is a vibrant; financially secure adult education institution responsible for delivering high quality outcomes for students, residents and employers, while contributing to the strategic objectives laid out in Bexley Council’s corporate priorities for adult learning, employment and wellbeing.
The college consists of approx. 1000 courses with 13,000 enrolments through 5,000 students. As part of an innovative restructure, we are organising our Curriculum Leadership in order to ensure that it is fit for purpose. As a result, we have a variety of exciting new vacancies available.
We are looking for innovative and ambitious tutors in the following areas to join us for the academic year 2019/20:
- IT and Social Media tutor: You will be an experienced teacher who is able to evidence their successful experience of teaching IT from Entry Level to GCSE level. You should also be able to help us expand our Digital Skills offer by teaching the use of social media for personal and business use. You will have a thorough knowledge of a wide range of IT qualifications including Functional Skills standards. Alongside this, you will need a detailed knowledge of Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, oneNote) and the use of social media applications for business and personal use. You will also be able to demonstrate experience of developing and delivering customised, differentiated learning materials and/or innovative curriculum, which meet the needs of students.
- ESOL tutor: You will be an experienced ESOL teacher who is able to deliver high quality teaching and learning to learners with an ESOL need. You will demonstrate extensive knowledge of your subject area together with the drive and passion to motivate students to achieve. Enthusiastic, methodical and flexible in your approach, you will share your skills and knowledge with learners and utilise your previous experience of teaching to motivate students to achieve, whilst developing and maintaining high levels of student retention.
- Maths tutor: You will be a dedicated and motivated professional, providing outstanding Maths teaching and learning. You will be qualified at degree level in Maths or a related subject. In addition, you will hold a recognised Level 5/6 teaching qualification (PGCE/CertEd) or working towards achieving this. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and innovative teacher with experience of delivering Maths, preferably in a FE context. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver both GCSE and Functional Skills Maths to a wide range of students.
- English tutor: You will be an experienced English teacher who is able to evidence their successful experience of teaching English from Entry Level to GCSE level. You will have a thorough knowledge of GCSE English specifications and/or Functional Skills standards. You will also be able to demonstrate experience of developing and delivering customised, differentiated learning materials and/or innovative curriculum which meet the needs of students.
Excellent administration and interpersonal skills and being able to demonstrate experience of developing and delivering customised, differentiated learning materials and/or innovative curriculum which meet the needs of students together with a commitment to working effectively as part of a team is essential for all posts.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing date for your application: Monday 17th June
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. The tutor job description and the College’s Framework for Teaching, Learning and Assessment can also be found here. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Interviews including a micro teach session are anticipated to take place week commencing 24 June and 1 July 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers, and on LinkedIn under Bexley Careers