The Falklands Islands has an ambitious programme of growth over the next 5 years and the development of its Maritime operations is a key strand of this development. We therefore are keen to secure an exceptional candidate to take forward the strategic development of the Falkland Islands Maritime Administration, the associated Legal and Regulatory Framework to ensure compliance with maritime legislation, conventions, and codes.
Building on the good work already completed, the postholder will lead the further development of the Falkland Islands Maritime Administration and ensure we have a framework in place then enables the government is able to respond effectively to a broad range of maritime issues including those involving existing and new regulations, and maritime conventions which have been extended to the Falkland Islands.
This post calls for a high calibre individual who has honed the knowledge and skills within a maritime environment as a Master Mariner, Marine Surveyor or Senior Administrator and has a proven track record of delivering strategic outcome within a Marine environment.
- Successful experience in policy development and strategic planning
- Proven track record in effective management of a wide range of competing priorities
- Savvy stakeholder management – managing relationships and expectations
- 2 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement, subject to operational and budgetary requirements
- Salary Range £48k - £72k, starting salaries will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and your dependents, including mid-term return flight home.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
Please note, successful applicants with Falkland Islands Status/PRP will be employed on local terms and conditions.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply online to join our team in a unique and breath-taking location, with penguins, dolphins and the wilderness just next door to your office, please visit our new recruitment website: www.jobs.gov.fk.
Applications close at 12.00 noon UK time on 20 June 2019 with interviews to be held on 3 July 2019.
If you have any questions about working for the Falkland Islands Government or for an informal discussion about the role, please contact Stuart Hampson via email@example.com
The Working Environment
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.