A full time position has arisen within Legal Services. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and pro-active individual who is capable of dealing with a range of administrative tasks.
The post holder will require a methodical approach to work and be competent in the use of information technology with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Word and Excel. Duties will include implementing digital transformation and ensuring the efficient operation of the Deeds storage facility. Sound and accurate records management skills are needed.
You will maintain the administrative, clerical and word processing function of the legal team efficiently and effectively. The key responsibilities include:-
- Dealing with the opening, management, closing and archiving of files, including administration of the Legal Service Helpdesk.
- Assisting in the production of a wide range of complex legal documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation and in the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Using facilities offered by the Land Registry website and bespoke providers to the legal profession such as PLC, Lexis Nexis and Westlaw for the preparation of legal documents.
- Liaising with the Finance Department to process orders and prepare invoices for payment.
- The management of sundry debt recovery and the completion of Council house sales
Candidates should have a professional and polite telephone manner, good organisational, communication, literacy and interpersonal skills. Experience of working in a legal environment would be advantageous, however training will be provided.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
Reduced working hours (salary pro rata) may be considered, subject to meeting the business needs of the team.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Kathryn Tebbey, Group Manager for Legal Services, on 01884 234210.