Day Service support Worker
Bishops Stortford Day Service
Starting Salary: £18,065 pa
Full Time Hours, Permanent Contract
- Good communication skills
- Have an understanding of people’s needs
- Ability to working as part of a team
- Flexible, innovative
- Basic computer skills
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority with a highly regarded Registration service. This is your chance to be part of a busy team that is flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent. You’ll be taking on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
- Responsibilities also include:
- About us:
- Implement the support plan for each person, this may include: supporting service users with personal and/or intimate care, moving & handling, eating & drinking.
- Offering emotional support and encouragement to service users
- Contributing to the planning & delivery of a programme of activities that link to the 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- Assist in identifying support needs with the individual themselves and how best these can be met. This will include discussion with others e.g. senior staff, professionals (social workers, community nurses) and family carers as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate links with family carers, relatives, other professionals and agencies.
- Keep records of client contact in line with policies and procedures and maintaining rules of confidentiality. *Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits*Shopping Discounts*Support Groups & Wellbeing SchemesIf you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging yet very rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
- *Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
- *Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- In return we can offer you: *Excellent Career Development
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Gayl Staines or Kathy Brewer on 01992 588555
Closing date: 2nd June
Interview date: week commencing 17th June