Permanent - Full Time
Are you an experienced Senior Social worker with:
* A positive outlook of the transformation agenda
* Experience of supervising staff
* A social work qualification, registered with the HCPC
* BIA DoLS qualified
* Extensive social work experience
Do you have experience of:
* Carrying out BIA DoLS assessments
* Extensive experience of chairing best interests meetings
* A good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
* Working successfully in a demanding environment
* Using your ability to explore ideas and options to meet individual and diverse needs
Are you looking for a position that offers you:
* Training and opportunities
* Regular supervision and support
* The opportunity for professional and personal development
In Adult Social Services, we continue to transform how we work because we want to maintain our excellent standard of service delivery. We are looking for an MCA & DoLS Senior Practitioner with the above qualities and a strong commitment to excellence at a time of rapid change.
Our front line services have been redesigned to ensure a strong focus on early intervention, prevention, Reablement and personalisation. We have recently transformed the community equipment services to offer local people more choice and control over their lives. Our priority is to make sure that residents are at the heart of decision making and are supported in taking positive risks to achieve their chosen outcomes.
We are proud of our history of collaborative working with all partners. We are particularly committed to maintaining and developing our work with health to deliver the government's strategy and Vision for Adult Social Care.
The Safeguarding Adults & Protection Team is responsible for contributing to the development of Safeguarding Adult's and Deprivation of Liberty arrangements in the borough.
* Continued provision of a quality service to our service users
* Development, co-ordination and maintenance of all arrangements relating to Safeguarding Adults and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Procedures
* Provision of support and advice to staff throughout adult services, ensuring that adults at risk and their carers' living in the London Borough of Redbridge are safeguarded against abuse
If you enjoy being part of a team and have an interest in working with this specialist service user group then this is an exciting opportunity for you. We welcome your application.
Redbridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As part of our safer recruitment strategy, all Social Worker posts require an Enhanced DBS check and references may be taken up prior to interview.
Interviews will be held on: 30th September 2019
Ambitious for Redbridge
To apply for this role please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/jobs