£21,169 to £29,912 (depending on qualifcations & experience) per annum for 36 hours per week based at Surrey County Council, Maple Court, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Merrow, Surrey GU4 7BP.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the role
The Highways Engineering Team is in the Network & Asset Management Group, within the Community Protection, Highways & Transport Directorate. The team of Engineers, Technicians and Technical Support Officers, is responsible for the design and delivery of planned maintenance programmes for carriageways and footways across the county, as well as being responsible for Highway Safety Inspections and contractor compliance audits.
The role of Assistant Engineering Project Technician is an important one within the team and offers an exciting opportunity to learn about all aspects of identifying, designing, programming and constructing maintenance schemes on our road and footway assets.
This is an ideal opportunity for a self-motivated person who wants to start a career in highway engineering, and the role provides a career path from Assistant Engineering Technician to Engineering Technician by achieving technical and professional qualifications.
This role includes responsibilities such as:
- Technical and administrative support to a team of Highway Engineers, to help ensure that all schemes are delivered to time, cost, quality and contractual requirements.
- Planning & prioritising own work activities to ensure operational efficiency.
- Assist in the management of scheme budgets.
- Carry out site visits and assist in the measuring and checking of works.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- A commitment to a development plan, with related training
- An ability to work in a fast-paced and busy team, and a willingness to learn.
- Flexibility to work across different parts of county when required.
- Excellent communication and good IT skills.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 29th May 2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing 3rd June 2019.