Reading Borough Council’s Adult Care and Health Services are recruiting a Public Health Programme Officer to work in our Public Health and Wellbeing Team. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The team is responsible for the development and commissioning of both the mandated public health services and projects or initiatives that focus on wider determinants of health such as planning, transport, the built environment, education and employment to maximise the positive health impacts of these areas.
Our aim is to ensure that the health and wellbeing of the population of Reading is improved as far as possible and we drive down inequalities in health outcomes.
How we will support you
- A supportive continuing professional development programme
- Excellent comprehensive staff induction, training, supervision and support packages
- Laptop and mobile supplied
- Initial 24 days annual leave with additional 5 days after 5 years continuous service
- Local government salary-related pension
- Discounted child care (onsite nursery)
To improve population health and wellbeing outcomes by leading and managing the commissioning, development and delivery of evidence based Public Health Programmes and projects on behalf of the Reading Public Health Team. The post will work across defined programme areas to that will ensure the local authority can deliver the Public Health Outcomes Framework and the priorities identified in the local health and well-being strategy and Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA). The post holder will be the Public Health Lead in Reading for a range of programmes of work with a particular focus on the smoking cessation, weight management, physical activity and sexual health services.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- excellent communication skills
- ability to gather and analyse information
- ability to identify and prioritise risks
- ability to identify and prioritise safeguarding issues
- excellent organisational skills and flexibility
- excellent IT and typing skills
- excellent team work skills.
When applying for this post, please ensure that your application explains, with examples, how you meet the person specification in the Job Description as this is the short listing criteria.
Informal visits and conversations are strongly encouraged. To learn more, please contact;David Munday, Consultant in Public Health at 07718 659995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A Standard Criminal Records Disclosure will be sought from the successful candidate.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Closing date: 27 May 2019