We are recruiting three Senior Technical Support Engineers to deliver robust end to end technical and change activity that supports the long term implementation of new infrastructure, technology, software and solution upgrades for the Council.
This role is a great opportunity to embed and develop your technical support engineer skills in support of a complex local authority ICT partnership.
Candidates wanting to apply must have excellent technical knowledge, skills and proven experience delivering complex technical change activity on time covering areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows Server – 2008; 2012; 2016
- Microsoft Servers – Exchange, SQL, SCCM, WSUS
- Virtualisation technologies – Vmware, Nutanix
- Desktop/Mobile Environments – Windows 7 & 10; Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop; Thin Clients; Apple IOS; MDM (Meraki and Intune)
- Network (LAN,WAN, WLAN, MPLS) – Cisco, HP, Meraki
- Security – Gateway appliances, Firewalls, PSN, Cyber Essentials
- Storage – SAN; Backup; Disaster recover/Business continuity
You will also have the abilty to communicate with everyone at key stages in an understandable way. This ranges from technical information and documentation to advising, guiding first and second line support engineers, staff, partners, suppliers, software providers, technical problem solving, writing reports and presenting to the change advisory boards (CAB) in your allocated technical areas and projects.
Previous experience in the public sector would be desirable along with an understanding of ITIL and PRINCE2 methodologies. The role also requires occasional travel across the Leicestershire ICT Partnership (LICTP).