Salary Grade Range: PO1, Spine Point 29-31
Salary Range: £30,193.43 - £31,487.95 per annum
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours, Term Time Only
Start Date: September 2019
Canonbury Primary School is a popular school with ‘good’ Ofsted rating (2017) and an emphasis on participation in music, arts and sport.
Do you have strong, successful experience in providing pastoral support to children and families in schools?
Do you thrive on working with children and families in challenging circumstances and making a positive difference to children’s social and emotional skills and their behaviour?
Are you ready to lead by example and to manage others in providing effectively for children in need of support?
If so, the role of Pastoral Manager at Canonbury Primary School could be for you. We are looking for a practitioner who shares our ambition for every child to reach their potential, achieving even more than they thought possible by learning to overcome personal barriers that might stand in their way.
You will be:
• Experienced in providing pastoral care for children and their families in a school setting
• Confident in identifying, managing and supporting children’s behaviour needs
• Motivated by the opportunity to make a difference for vulnerable children and families, including those eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant
• An excellent communicator with the ability to make positive, productive relationships with parents, children, staff, governors and outside professionals
• Ready to lead by example and manage others in effective pastoral provision for pupils
We can offer you:
• Children who are self-motivated, eager to try new experiences and proud of their school.
• An enthusiastic, supportive staff team who have high expectations of themselves and the children.
• A vibrant, diverse and friendly community
• Opportunities for professional development
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged, please contact our School Business Manager, on 0207 226 5020 for an appointment to visit the school.
To apply, please go to www.islington.gov.uk and follow the jobs link. If you need any assistance, please email the Schools’ HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CAN/357
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 19th May 2019
Interview: Week commencing 20th May 2019