We require an enthusiastic and motivated individual to undertake a variety of work such as the repair and maintenance of roads, footways and drainage, construction of vehicle crossings and minor traffic islands throughout the Borough.
About the role
Reporting to the Highways and Drainage Works Manager your main duties will include:
- The tarmacing, kerbing, paving and drainage repairs of local highways within the Borough.
- You will also be responsible for the installation of street furniture and the daily preparation of the vehicles and plant.
You will need to have:
- Experience of carrying out this type of work and a valid Street Works Qualification (NRSWA register) will be an advantage.
- You will also require technical knowledge of vehicles and various plants
- Preferably hold an LGV class 2 licence.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
For further information about the role please contact Steve Rendell on 0118 937 3951.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Closing date: 20th May 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change