Job Ref: RES-19-007
Job type: Full-time 35 hours
Closing date: Monday 27 May 2019
Contract Type: Temporary, 2 years
Salary: £41,601 – £43,503 pa
Lewisham Council is a dynamic and complex organisation built on a foundation of fairness, equality and putting our community at the heart of everything we do. We support a diverse and growing population of around 300,000 residents within the Borough; working in collaboration and partnership with public sector agencies and other providers within the Borough, and across London.
We are investing in the fabric of our borough, regenerating our schools, our town centres, public realm and green spaces. And we have bold and ambitious plans to increase our capacity and visibility as an ethical public developer and deliver 1,000 new social homes by 2022 - one of the largest council home building programmes in the country. We’re looking for a communications adviser to help us make this a reality. The role is exciting and varied as it spans from organising innovative and meaningful local engagement activities to help shaping the design of site hoardings to representing our regeneration activity on social media.
Lewisham Council is looking to appoint a Regeneration Communications Adviser, who will develop and lead planned and responsive integrated communications activities to raise awareness and engagement with our ambitious regeneration plans. You will inform and engage a range of stakeholders on Lewisham’s regeneration programmes and projects with the aim of encouraging relationships of mutual understanding, trust and goodwill.
Laurence House, Catford
What we’re looking for
To succeed you will have a professional communications background, including in relation to regeneration, development, urban design, or other similarly complex delivery programmes, and knowledge of local government and current affairs. You will have relevant experience of working with capital delivery teams and political environments and on high profile issues. You will be an excellent communicator with highly developed editorial and writing skills and a keen interest in design, development and regeneration in the London context. You will have good project management skills and ability to form productive relationships with people at all levels.
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that include a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
- Plan, implement and evaluate integrated regeneration communications plans to support key service and corporate priorities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with Council staff, councillors and external contacts including colleagues in our arms-length housing management organisation, Lewisham Homes.
- Support colleagues with their communication queries and advise them on the most effective communication solutions.
- Help promote good practice, ensuring consistency across all communications by following the Lewisham brand, style and writing guidelines.
- Project manage a range of regeneration marketing collateral and communication channels from design through to delivery and evaluation.
- Build effective relationships with sector-wide public bodies, networks, influencers and think-tanks and secure opportunities that showcase the Council’s regeneration strategy and programmes.
- Produce factually accurate, engaging written copy for internal and external communications and media materials, using plain English and following the Council’s style guide.
- Maintain and update some of the Council’s communications channels in regards to regeneration, such as the website, corporate publications and printed materials, email marketing and social media.
£41,601 - £43,503 pa (PO4)
For an informal discussion, please contact Fiona Colley Director of Strategy & Communications on 020 8314 7065
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
For a full job description and person specification, and for further information about the recruitment process, please follow this link https://lewisham.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/regeneration-communications-advisor-492
To apply please click on 'apply for job' at the top of the page.
Monday 27th May 2019 at 11;59pm
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.