Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first
About the job
This is a great opportunity for an experienced housing litigation lawyer to join an exceptional housing litigation team.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of housing litigation matters including; claims for possession, disrepair, anti social behaviour, homelessness and judicial review.
You will have the chance to undertake regular advocacy and to provide written advice as required.
About the person
You will be a Solicitor preferably with Higher Rights of Audience or Barrister with excellent technical knowledge and practical experience of the law and practice relating to housing, ideally within Local Government.
You will have excellent drafting skills and be confident undertaking your own advocacy as well as instructing counsel.
This role will suit a highly organised and enthusiastic lawyer who enjoys managing their own caseload, working to tight deadlines and assisting senior colleagues on more complex matters.
We are looking for a team player who is keen to build successful relationships with clients and use their own initiative to ensure that the Council's interests are protected at all times.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy