Job Ref: RES-19-004
Job type: Full-time 35 hours
Closing date: Monday 27th May 2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £46,347 - £48,237 pa
To manage a multi-disciplinary communications team to deliver bold campaigns that support the Council’s vision through the corporate priorities.
Laurence House, Catford
What we’re looking for
- To oversee all integrated campaigns through a multi-disciplinary team.
- To be able to work with services and partners in a consultative way to help them translate council priorities into engaging campaigns.
- To have already exhibited a demonstrable track record as a valued and trusted member of the team.
- To communicate with a sense of purpose, someone who put’s residents at the heart of communications and creates mileposts to rally support behind the vision.
- To be able to receive, translate and act upon instructions to achieve council objectives.
- To be good at establishing clear directions and distribute the workload appropriately, while being able to maintain a two-way dialogue with others on work and results.
There are no specific qualifications that are essential for this position, however, you must have the functional knowledge and skills to do your job at a high level of accomplishment in line with your position and have a good command of Communications as a key function in Local Government.
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
£46,347 - £48,237 pa (PO6)
For an informal discussion, please contact Suchi Sheth by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
For a full job description and person specification, and for further information about the recruitment process, please follow this link https://lewisham.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/marketing-communications-manager-496
Monday 27th May 2019 at 11;59pm
Interview Date: W/C 3rd June
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.