Development Lead (DDM119)
Grade J (NSCP 32 – 36) £34,788 - £38,813 per annum
37 Hours per week plus national essential car user allowance £963 per annum
Relocation package available
Stafford’s growth agenda is placing new demands on the Borough Council’s Development Management service. Large scale housing developments, expanding employment parks, and the potential for a new garden settlement – there’s a lot going on in Stafford.
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career move, Stafford can offer all that and more. With a generous relocation package available, you will have the opportunity to lead on small, medium and large scale planning applications, and appeals. One of two Development Lead posts, each managing a small team of case officers, we offer varied professional experience and an opportunity to develop your management skills and knowledge base.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- You need to be dynamic, highly motivated and innovative, taking a flexible approach to teamwork
- You must be confident in your ability to manage, support and develop your staff and be motivated to achieve positive outcomes for our customers
- You must be confident with taking on delegated authority for decision making
- You must be enthusiastic to work closely with our customers, Councillors and other stakeholders to provide expert advice on all aspects of Development Management
- You will need the ability to play a lead role in appeals, enforcement, major applications and local infrastructure projects
- Your excellent communication skills are essential in the continuous development and improvement of the service for our customers
- It is essential that you have a full, current driving licence and you will need to have full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers
Closing date for completed applications: Sunday 19 May 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing 10 June 2019