Salary: £17,364 – £17,711 per annum pro rata
Hours: 25 hours per week, including weekend work
More about the role:
We want every resident in our care homes to get the highest standard of Nutrition and comfort. By giving older people a good quality of life, we’re making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live for all. As a Kitchen Assistant / House Keeper & Laundry Assistant, you’ll be working directly with our residents in Flitwick. You’ll find your greatness as you make sure vulnerable people are safe, well and happy.
This is an important role – and you’ll receive our full support including a full training programme and induction. Your main task will be to provide good wholesome meals for care home residents. You’ll help with washing up, cleaning in the kitchen, prepare drinks and snacks, under the guidance of the Cook / Chef. The key is to consider each person’s nutritional needs in line with any health conditions. Every resident is different, and you must respect their individuality. It’s all about creating a friendly, supportive environment – one where people are independent and free to make their own choices.
As the house keeper / Laundry assistant you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Laundry of resident’s clothes, bedding and linen are laundered to high standard to prevent infection
- To ensure all laundered clothes are put away in the correct residents’ rooms and in the correct place
- To ensure all laundered Linen to put in the linen cupboard and that the linen cupboard is kept clean and tidy
- To ensure that the all laundry is washed in accordance with Health and safety standards and infection control procedures
- To ensure that all area of the home including furniture are cleaned to a high standard to prevent infection
- To ensure that all statutory Health and Safety standards are met when cleaning resident’s bedrooms, kitchenettes and all communal areas including toilets, bathrooms and sluices.
- To restock products in throughout the home, in resident’s bedrooms, kitchenettes and all communal areas including toilets, bathrooms and sluices
Ideally, you’ll have worked with elderly people before, including those with dementia or physical disabilities. However, we’re also interested in people with a naturally caring attitude who are flexible and reliable. It’s important you can work as part of a team and keep accurate records. Above all, you must be people-focused and enjoy working with our residents.
Join us, and you will have the chance to build your skills with high quality training. Even better, you’ll find your greatness by taking care of older people and enhancing their wellbeing.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire ‘A great place to live and work'.
To view the Job Description and Person Specification click HERE
Click HERE to apply now
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Julie Weymouth at julie.weymouth @centralbedfordshire.gov.uk or 0300 300 8594
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding (For DBS posts only):
Central Bedfordshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline. If you do not have a CV to hand, please look on our website for a CV template that you can use to create your CV to apply for this role: http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/jobs/work-here/application.aspx