Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the role
Bristol Court is a new extra care housing scheme commissioned by Hounslow Council. It comprises of 94 flats of which 12 are dedicated to support residents with dementia, 15 for those with learning disability and the rest are for general needs.
This innovative development offers a restaurant on site which will provide a nutritious, hot meal daily as part of the tenancy, hairdressers/therapy room, a large communal space, changing places and 3 specially designed gardens.
The caretaker will provide an internal and external cleaning service to Bristol Court. The job also involves performing minor communal repairs such as changing light bulbs, and making items safe and secure. They will also carry out small jobs such as, putting up shelves, hanging pictures and other small jobs relevant to the post.
- To carry out caretaking, cleaning and small jobs tasks in accordance with given guidelines and to follow procedures.
- To manage work effectively using the IT system. Maintaining a worksheet of all jobs detailing, timescales, completions etc.
- To maintain records and logs as required. To provide written details of incidents where requested. To ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner with due regard for personal and client safety.
- To regularly check all equipment in use, to operate equipment within health and safety guidelines and manufacturer’s instructions, and to keep equipment properly maintained for operational use.
- Ability to work alone or with minimum supervision and respond effectively to problems and emergencies
- Ability to work safely whilst moving heavy objects and to undertake minor repairs.
- Have basic numeracy and literacy skills to write short reports and complete forms using the IT system.
- Strong communication skills and a high proficiency of English
Essential for the Role
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact the Extra Care Manager Janine Fitzgerald
firstname.lastname@example.org 07976 196 401
Interviews will be held week commencing 17th June 2019
Closing date: 26 May 2019