Please note that although this position is advertised as full time (37 hours per week), we are prepared to consider applicants who want to work part time.
No two days will be the same!
Medway Council is a unitary authority with a valuable and diverse property portfolio. The Valuation and Asset Management team needs a self- motivated Senior Valuation Surveyor to join our busy team of five staff.
You will manage the council's property portfolio, to maximise value, dealing with valuations, acquisitions, disposals and lettings.
- Be able to evidence formal training to graduate or professional qualification level, or equivalent, plus experience in property and valuation work and to hold and maintain professional membership as a Chartered Valuation Surveyor within the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS or FRICS) and preferably be a registered valuer.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of property legislation relevant to local government to include, disposals, valuations, procurement, lettings, planning and acquisitions.
- Educated to at least degree or professional qualification level, or equivalent, (preferably within a relevant discipline e.g. Estate Management or valuation) plus experience in property and valuation.
- Hold and maintain professional Membership of the RICS general practice division and preferably be a Registered Valuer.
Successful applicants will be notified by 5pm on Friday 14 June 2019 and interviews are to take place on Wednesday 19 June 2019 and Thursday 20 June 2019.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Noel Filmer on 01634 332415.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.