NEWHAM CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE’S SERVICE
0 – 25 SEND
LANGUAGE, COMMUNICATION and INTERACTION SERVICE
Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapists (ASD)
FULL TIME PERMANENT APPOINTMENTS ( 3 POSTS)
Come and join our well established and flourishing Language, Communication and Interaction Service, working for Newham Children and Young People’s Service, a forward thinking, dynamic organisation, with a proven commitment to inclusion.
This exciting and innovative multi-professional team, part of Newham’s 0 – 25 SEND service, is made up of speech and language therapists, specialist teachers and Special Educational Needs Practitioners. The team works closely together with families, early years and school staff, and a range of other agencies, to support the inclusion of children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder or developmental language disorder, in a range of early years and school settings.
About the Job
Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist (ASD)
£39,774 - £42,681 pa
We are now in a position to offer three highly specialist speech and language therapist posts within the service, so we are seeking those of you with a keen interest in autism and experience of supporting the inclusion of school-age children with autism in mainstream primary and secondary schools. Together we will ensure that we offer the highest quality support to our children, young people, families and schools to help shape the future of inclusion for children and young people with autism in Newham
Key responsibilities of the posts include:
- maintaining close and regular face- to- face contact with a manageable caseload of identified children and young people with autism.
- working closely with school staff, specialist support staff, parents and other agencies to deliver support and intervention, through training, advice and direct contact
- developing and maintaining links with the local NHS Speech and Language Therapy Service
- supporting and promoting the development of inclusive education principles and practice
We can offer you:
- Clear structures for support, supervision and appraisal
- Access to appropriate training and professional development opportunities
- Time and support for administrative duties
- The opportunity to work within a dedicated specialist team of professionals
- A well resourced, easily accessible service base with training, meeting and office facilities
- Welcoming inclusive school with high expectations and aspirations for all pupils
You will be:
- An, enthusiastic and creative speech and language therapist with experience of working with children with autism in the school setting
- Up to date in your knowledge and understanding of a range of specialist interventions and approaches in the field of autism
- Confident about planning and delivering training to a high standard, to a range of audiences
- Able to support, motivate and inspire school staff, parents/cares and other professionals
- A good communicator, skilled in building relationships with colleagues and families
Newham is vibrant, diverse and friendly inner city borough in the heart of East London with rapidly rising academic standards across schools, and a established record of inclusion and commitment to equal opportunities.
We welcome and encourage a visit to the team to find out more about our work. To arrange a visit or to discuss these posts further please contact:
Judy Roux ( Group Manager) or Grainne Fennel (Lead SLT) on 0208 325 4527 or firstname.lastname@example.org