Job Title: Building Surveyor
Ref: 2389 - 2943
Salary: up to £43,487p.a. 37 Hours per week flexi-time
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Building Surveyors to join our Building Surveying Projects team. Candidates will preferably be Chartered Members of the RICS or CIOB however this is not essential if relevant experience can be demonstrated.
What we can offer?
We can offer a diverse and exciting workload focusing on maintaining and improving our portfolio of 15,000 housing assets ranging from Victorian terrace houses through to new build properties as well as over 800 corporate assets, including commercial office buildings, leisure and educational facilities and unique buildings such as Southsea Castle and the Spinnaker Tower.
The majority of work is project based and involves taking projects from inception through to completion. Typical projects would include planned maintenance schemes, extension, adaptation and conversion of existing properties, through to full refurbishment.
Whilst you will be given freedom to manage your own projects there is a strong team environment and support is always available.
Key duties would include;
- Lead your own projects
- Feasibility studies
- Building surveys
- Preparing specifications and tender packages
- Planning and building regulation applications
- Contract Administration
- Project Management
- Projects up to £1million +
- Mentoring junior team members
- Extensive benefits
- Salary up to £43,487p.a
- 26 days leave (rising to 30 after 5 years' service) with bank holidays on top
- Access to the excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discounts at a range of companies including supermarkets and high street retailers