We are looking to appoint a dynamic and highly motivated teacher with vision and energy to work in one of our ASD Bases. Waterloo Primary School is a warm and welcoming school, which was graded as Good by Ofsted in November 2016. We enjoy a wide range of events and celebrations to recognise our unique and diverse school. We are a team of supportive, positive and forward thinking individuals who are always striving to improve the quality of both the education and the opportunities we are able to offer our pupils.
We want somebody who:
Has the desire and drive to get the best out of children across our ASD provision
- Has a full understanding of ASD and related communication barriers
- Will develop a communication rich learning environment
- Has passion and flair for teaching young children with learning difficulties
- Has high academic expectations and can evidence children making accelerated progress
- Is an excellent teacher, maintaining high standards of professional conduct
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Is aware of, and has an up to date knowledge, of educational innovations and developments
- Is positive, enthusiastic and keen to progress
- Works effectively within a team
- Has a thorough understanding and experience of Early Years teaching
This person must be enthusiastic and passionate about the development of children and their learning.
We can offer you:
- A vibrant and happy school which welcomes innovation and new ideas
- Positive, well behaved and happy children who want to learn
- An enthusiastic, friendly, dedicated & hard working staff team
- A supportive management team committed to improving standards
- A commitment to your on-going professional development in leadership and management.
Applicants are warmly welcomed and visits to the school highly recommended. Please telephone 0151 928 4274 to book your visit to the school. Visits can be booked for either Wednesday 8th May at 3.45 p.m or Wednesday 15th May at 3.45 p.m.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to Teachers Pension Scheme.
Closing Date for applications: 4.30pm Tuesday 21st May
Shortlisting: Wednesday 22nd May
Lesson Observations & interviews: Week beginning Monday 3rd June
Applications should be received by post or email addressed to Mrs Ruth Baldwin, Headteacher, Waterloo Primary School, Liverpool, L22 0LD. Visits can be arranged via the School Office. Please telephone to arrange a convenient time. Any queries should be directed to Mrs Helen Owens, Clerk to Governors at the school. Tel: 0151 928 4274 or email email@example.com.
Please note that only applicants who are short-listed for this post will be contacted following the closing date. An initial offer of appointment will be made to the successful candidate and will only become a substantive position subject to appropriate references along with evidence of original documents for qualifications, health etc.