About the role
As a forward thinking local authority, we want every interaction with residents and customers to be the very best experience we can make it, and this is about what all of us do every day. Our employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity and desire to serve our communities well. Working as part of our Customer Delivery Team you will have the opportunity to deal with a wide variety of planning applications. Site visits across the Borough are an integral part of the role so a full driving licence and access to a car is essential
Our desired candidate would be someone with knowledge or experience of working within a planning department, who can work efficiently and accurately to ensure planning applications (including householders/ pre apps/ non-material amendments & Certificate of Lawfulness) are assessed and completed in accordance with requirements. Our ideal candidate is someone with planning experience but if you are willing to learn how to assess a planning application and have a high customer service ethos we want to hear from you.
The essential qualities are:
- The ability to extract and assess plans and information
- Good report writing skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative and take ownership and responsibility on tight deadlines
- A desire to improve your skills, knowledge and experience
- Customer service ethos, striving to continually improve
- A can do attitude; trustworthy, dependable and delivers on what is promised - a desire to improve their skills, knowledge and experience
- Working with colleagues in a polite and respectful manner
- Excellent IT skills
- Use of a car and a clean driving licence
For more information about the role please contact; Pam Mulshaw on 07710 117745
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Selection for this post will be via the Council’s Competency Framework, which can be accessed here: www.wokingham.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/our-jobs/how-to-apply/
Please refer to the Job Description and Scope for further information.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 711027
Wokingham Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.