Job Title: Team Leader - Strategic Infrastructure and Special Projects
Location: County Hall, Hertford
Salary Range: £45,591 - £48,531 p.a. + £1000 welcome payment
Hours: 37 hours per week
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority and we are looking for people who want to be a part of the new Growth and Infrastructure Unit. It is a busy team that is flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent. You’ll be taking on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Working for a local authority that embraces smart working principles
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Role would involve:
- Shaping your own team and embedding best working practices;
- Meeting regularly at various locations across Hertfordshire to work closely with the Hertfordshire Planning Authorities on strategic infrastructure priorities and maintaining the good working relationships with all of our stakeholders;
- Supporting the County Council services in the delivery of infrastructure projects;
- Taking a lead role the creation of funding opportunities for infrastructure projects;
- Taking a proactive approach to place shaping and enhancing the County Council’s input on strategic development sites;
- Providing a lead role in the oversight of S106 and CIL monitoring and practices.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Professional qualification or equivalent degree;
- Good understanding of planning for growth and its delivery;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude;
- Clear ability to manage workloads, deadlines and priorities;
- Leadership qualities.
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging yet very rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Sarah McLaughlin on 01992 588110
Closing date: 19th May 2019
Interview dates: 30th and 31st May 2019