We are currently seeking a Youth and Community Based Commissioner to support the development of youth work in the community.
Working face to face with young people as part of a team, you will ensure young people have positive experiences, by working with them to identify what's important to them and then being part of developing good youth work activities with them. You will work with local youth work teams across Basildon, including volunteers in community youth clubs.
You will need to be someone who can focus on putting young people at the heart of your work. Working flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and residentials, you will join an experienced team of youth workers in a variety of youth work settings.
In addition they will be expected to drive our mobile units and ensure the upkeep, maintenance and safety of the youth vehicles, working closely with the fleet and building coordinator and with the Youth Work Team.
*Support the commissioning of services by working with the community to enhance their skills so they can be more independent in design and delivery of services.
*Negotiate with young people and their communities on their involvement in the programme planning, implementation and evaluation.
*Contribute to and promote the programme to ensure that opportunities are accessible to all who wish to become involved.
*As part of the team involve young people in the decision-making processes whereby individuals and groups take on responsibilities for themselves and others in their project and the wider community.
*As part of the team respond to individual and group needs, this includes issues affecting young people, promoting self-awareness and self-esteem.
*Deliver or support the direct delivery of youth work programmes as may be required, to include residential experiences for young people.
- Qualified at level 2 or above in a JNC recognised Youth Work Qualification or be required to undertake training.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Experience of working with young people and communities which may be in a voluntary role.
- Ability to build relationships and relate well to people.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Commitment to challenging prejudice and ignorance.
- Ability to develop work with young people and communities to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Please note that the job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Therefore the post holder will have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.