Operations Manager - (Regulatory Services) – Safer Communities
£61,941.00 £66,168.00 CB6 per annum, inclusive
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the Council’s statutory duties, obligations, policy commitments and targets are met efficiently, effectively and in accordance with best practice within the areas of food and safety, trading standards, licensing processing and business support.
The Role The successful candidate will be responsible for legal process within this posts area of work, including a robust enforcement ethos, scrutiny, review and approval of officers’ infringement reports for adequacy and admissibility for evidence, subject to appropriate training. Also, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Food and Safety, Trading Standards and Licensing and Business Support teams to ensure effective service provision and delivery.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Substantial management experience
- Experience of managing team related budgets and monitoring expenditure
- Experience of assessing the impact of legislative codes of practice and proactively implementing change
- Experience of Equalities/Diversity issues
- Experience dealing with external agencies to deliver positive outcomes for local people
- Experience of delivering an enforcement based public protection service
- A relevant professional Degree or Diploma or registration certificate as appropriate
- Evidence of continuous professional development
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
This role is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process.
Closing date: 27th May 2019