We are the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation, set up by Government to speed up delivery of up to 15,000 homes and create a 21st century Garden City in north Kent.
We are working with local authorities and local communities to develop a shared vision for the area, providing high quality, attractive and sustainably-constructed housing as well as opportunities to work with an ambition to create 30,000 jobs.
We have a very exciting and unique opportunity for a Major Projects Development Manager.
You will play a key role in the delivery of major projects within the Garden City, with a particular focus on the Central Area around Ebbsfleet International Station. The role will provide development and commercial property expertise in order to drive forward the delivery of this key project; managing teams of external consultants and professional advisors through all the main elements of a development project lifecycle.
- Establishing and managing teams of external consultants and professional advisors including the preparation of tender briefs and managing procurement processes to secure external advisors;
- Providing day to day management and coordination of a number of external consultants across areas such as masterplanning, infrastructure, cost consultancy and commercial advice; throughout the development lifecycle process;
- Playing a key role in the negotiation of land and property interests that will facilitate delivery of major projects within the Garden City;
- Manage any required due diligence processes including preparing briefs for appropriate external advisors;
- Provide commercial property and housing expertise into the formulation of development and disposal strategies;
- Manage developer procurement and selection processes, and oversee and manage ongoing development implementation by third parties;
- Liaise with other team members to prepare infrastructure delivery plans that set out clear objectives, how delivery will be secured and funded, along with associated resource plans;
- Liaise with potential development partners and investors to encourage strong market interest in Ebbsfleet Garden City, and reflect market demand in future development and disposal strategies;
- Work with advisors to develop inward investment and place branding propositions for future development areas;
- Provide advice and prepare reports as required to Directors and Board;
- Manage and report on project level financial budgets, maintaining appropriate records and ensuring full transparency.