An exciting job opportunity has arisen to join the Family Group Conference (FGC) Service. The FGC service helps the families discuss and make sustainable family plans to resolve child welfare concerns. The FGC Service uses a strengths-based model for engaging families. The FGC model utilises empowerment theory and aims to help families mobilise their family support networks to improve care and parenting for their children.
You will be facilitating FGC’s and taking a lead for the city in promoting family led practice.
The following experience and competencies are required for this role:
- A Social Work qualification or, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant field such as teaching, mediation, youth work (etc) (If relying on Social Work qualification you will be required to be registered with General Social Care Council).
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and processes of Family Group Conferencing, child protection practice and child care legislation and understanding of the role of other agencies / professionals who work with children and families.
- Experience of working with children and their families from a wide range of backgrounds, including families in crisis.
- Ability to work independently, in an organised way using initiative, being self-motivated, and facilitate meetings involving families, children and young people.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a good level of computer literacy.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and also, to travel across a wide geographical area in a timely and flexible manner at various times of the day.