Supporting Eastbourne Borough and Lewes District Councils with all aspects of information governance and reporting regularly to the statutory Data Protection Officer on the councils’ performance, you will be responsible for:
The councils’ policies and procedures on data protection, access to information and CCTV, to support corporate compliance with statutory responsibilities
- Providing awareness and training to officers and members on all aspects of information governance
- Managing the processes for corporate compliance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Managing the councils’ data breach reporting, notification and rectification process
- Acting as the councils’ principal point of contact for the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Providing reports on the council’s information governance performance
- Managing the Information Governance Officer
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge and experience of information governance legislation and how it applies in a local authority context. With the ability to collate, analyse and present complex information, you will also have experience of drafting policies and procedures.
Your excellent interpersonal skills will enable you to work effectively with colleagues at all levels in the organisation and effectively provide advice and guidance. You will have a strong process improvement focus, excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines. Able to work independently you will be a team player with supervisory and management skills.
This position requires you to work at both out Eastbourne and Lewes offices.
The preferred working pattern for this post is three full days per week.
Interview Date: 10 May 2019