Hours of work: up to 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time and Part-time
Timescales for our next selection event are as follows:
Closing date for application: Sunday 12 June 2019
Interviews: Thursday 04 and Friday 5 July 2019
Vacancies regularly arise in the following teams:
- Locality Services based in Eastbourne, Hastings and Lewes (includes Duty and Assessment, Family Support, Youth Support, MASH and Family and Friends Teams)
- Children's Disability Service based in Eastbourne
- Single Point of Advice (SPOA) based in Eastbourne
- Looked After Children's’ Teams based in Hastings, Lewes and Hailsham
- Through care Team based in Eastbourne
- Fostering and Adoption Teams based in Eastbourne
Please indicate where you would like to work, what hours and in what team/specialism you are applying for in your application.
If you are experienced but have been out of practice for a while we would love to hear from you.
Newly Qualified Social Workers who have not completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment are not invited to apply for these positions.
For more information regarding our current vacancies and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Trisha Funnell, Recruitment Manager (Children’s Services)
Tel: 01323 464395
Come and join us if you are an experienced Social Worker who wants to make a positive difference to the children, young people and families we work with. Bring us your imagination, ambition, creativity and curiosity and contribute to the success of our high achieving teams.
We believe fundamentally that relationships are what bring about change. Relationships with families and children we work with and relationships between staff and managers in our service and so we support that focus through:
Critically reflective supervision.
- A learning pathway that allows you to build skills in evidence based practice and research including Motivational Interviewing and Solution Focused Practice.
- Group supervision.
- Team practice development.
- Flexible and supporting working arrangements.
- A comprehensive wellbeing offer.
The result is social work practice which is high impact resulting in more children living with their families and less children on child protection plans. We know we are making a difference as that’s what children and young people are telling us. "
"Since my Social Worker has been involved mum and dad are no longer shouting and there is more food on the table".
You will need to be able to develop good relationships with children and families working in partnership with them to really make a difference. Your practice must be evidence based, and you must be up to date on current theories and research. You should be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
A wide range of benefits
In addition to a highly-competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Relocation costs of up to £8,000, if you are making a move of more than 20 miles
- Payment of your HCPC registration fees
ESCC offer a £3,000 golden hello payable to those recruited to specific teams:
- Locality teams in Hastings
- Children’s Disability Service
For all the details, take a look at our full range of benefits: www.eastsussex.gov.uk/…/benefits-of-working-here
Join us now
Our Social Work practice is high impact. We know we are making a difference because that’s what children and young people tell us. We’ve been awarded the following:
- Judged Outstanding by Ofsted and in our July 2018
- Local Government Association Chronicle Awards for services to children and business transformation
- Silver Award for Best Social Work Employer at the Social Worker of the year Awards 2017
- Teaching Partnership status.
So, if you’d like to be part of our progressive team, apply NOW.