Hours of work: up to 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time and Part-time
Timescales for our next selection event are as follows:
Closing date for application: Sunday 23 June 2019
Interviews: Thursday 04 and Friday 5 July 2019
Vacancies regularly arise in the following teams:
- Locality Services based in Eastbourne, Hastings and Lewes (includes Duty and Assessment, Family Support, Youth Support, MASH and Family and Friends Teams)
- Children's Disability Service based in Eastbourne
- Single Point of Advice (SPOA) based in Eastbourne
- Looked After Children's’ Teams based in Hastings, Lewes and Hailsham
- Through care Team based in Eastbourne
- Fostering and Adoption Teams based in Eastbourne
Please indicate where you would like to work, what hours and in what team/specialism you are applying for in your application.
If you are experienced but have been out of practice for a while we would love to hear from you.
Newly Qualified Social Workers who have not completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment are not invited to apply for these positions.
For more information regarding current vacancies and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Trisha Funnell, Recruitment Manager (Children’s Services)
Tel: 01323 464395
We are looking for ambitious, creative and professionally curious Senior Social Workers to join our high achieving teams and make a positive difference to children, young people and families.
Our social work looks and feels different because we believe it’s relationships that matter. It’s less about statistics and targets and much more about putting evidence into practice and spending as much time as possible with children and families. Our practitioners as well as children and families tell us that it works. In order to build those relationships we support our teams with:
- Flexible work practices supported by technology - tablets, smart phones and a modern case management system
- Access to the right help, advice and support - reflective supervision, consultations with child psychiatrists and psychologists
- Excellent evidence based team learning, online research tools and group supervision
- A great new training and development offer for our experienced staff in partnership with Sussex University
- Opportunities to move around the children’s social work teams; and
- Great career opportunities for staff with a new career framework being developed
We don’t just pay lip service to being a caring organisation, we prioritise supervision, offer an unrivalled training programme, a flexible career pathway and a package of benefits which will support you in a demanding role.
A wide range of benefits
In addition to a highly-competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Relocation costs of up to £8,000, if you are making a move of more than 20 miles
- Payment of your HCPC registration fees
ESCC offer a £3,000 golden hello payable to those recruited to specific teams:
- Locality teams in Hastings
- Children’s Disability Service
For all the details, take a look at our full range of benefits: www.eastsussex.gov.uk/…/benefits-of-working-here/%C2%A0
Join us now
Our Social Work practice is high impact. We know we are making a difference because that’s what children and young people tell us. We’ve been awarded the following:
- Judged Outstanding by Ofsted and in our July 2018
- Local Government Association Chronicle Awards for services to children and business transformation
- Silver Award for Best Social Work Employer at the Social Worker of the year Awards 2017
- Teaching Partnership status.
So, if you’d like to be part of our progressive team, apply NOW.
For more information about Children's Social work in East Sussex please visit www.eastsussex.gov.uk/jobs/social-work-with-children