Full Time – 37 hours per week
Courses for Young Adults and Wellbeing
(Courses include Supported Internships, Princes Trust, courses for adults with learning difficulties and disabilities, and our Wellbeing Programme)
TACC Course Leader Grade Spine Point 10 – 12 (£30,042-32,436 plus fringe allowance)
To start as soon as possible.
We are looking for an inspirational individual with recent and extensive teaching experience who has a level 5 qualification and additional CPD training in educating learners with special needs and disabilities.
The role of a Course Leader is to be responsible for managing and developing a portfolio of courses, ensuring that learners experience outstanding learning opportunities that support their progression towards their personal, professional and employment goals.
The purpose of the role is to manage and develop your curriculum area, contributing towards improving standards, maximising achievement and assisting in the further development of outstanding teaching, learning and assessment practice.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and we are looking for someone who is flexible and resilient, with the ability to network and lead on the development and promotion of courses throughout the community.
The post-holder will:
- Be expected to teach up to 410 hours per academic year
- Have a successful track record of initiating, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with a network of colleagues in the community in order to widen opportunities for learners.
- Keep up to date with best practice from across the adult and community learning sector and identify opportunities for innovative curriculum development.
- Ensure that the curriculum delivery evolves to keep pace with changing trends, technology and that the tutors have the skills that reflect the needs of the curriculum.
- Have excellent facilitation, communication, problem solving and team working skills.
- Take responsibility for ensuring College Quality Assurance processes are implemented effectively
- Act as an Ambassador for the College when liaising with external partners and agencies
The college is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No CVs or Agencies
Please ensure there are no gaps in your employment history on the application form.
Closing date for receiving completed applications is 30th April 2019
Interviews scheduled for 9th May 2019