Dorking Halls is an Art Deco Theatre, Cinema and Events Venue in the heart of Surrey Hills. Our open plan Box Office is first point of call for our Customers, Hirers, and Contractors. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and our warm and welcoming atmosphere.
About the role
This Job is perfect for someone with an interest in live and recorded arts. From Panto to Opera and Conferencing to Comedy no two days are the same in the life of a Dorking Halls Box Office Sales Assistant.
The Box Office Sales Assistants work on a 2 week rolling rota which is fixed and includes every other weekend, however a flexibility to work additional hours and cover shifts is essential.
The Team is supported by the Dorking Halls front of house team who work seamlessly together to create iconic shows, events and performances.
We are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills and an ability to adapt in an ever changing industry. Experience of working in a Box Office would be preferable though not essential. We will require an ability to read and write fluently in English and basic numeracy skills to undertake banking and cash handling.
We are looking for a good team player with a great sense of humour who demonstrates a commitment to equality and diversity in relationships with our customers and colleagues.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 23 days holiday a year (from April 2019) plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle Scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Kelly Twine on 01306 879313 Alternatively you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: Monday 22nd April 2019
Interview dates: Friday 3rd April 2019