Grade: Leadership 16-20
Hours per week: 32.4
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: September 2019
Closing date: 10 May
Interview date: 21 & 22 May
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Holland Road, Hove, BN3 1JY
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 294333
Head of School
We are looking for a permanent full-time Head of School at our Holland Road site.
Hove Junior School is a larger than average junior school which currently has 824 pupils on two sites. Our staff team, governors and parents and carers are all committed to building on the achievements of Hove Junior School while addressing areas for challenge and improvement.
Our new Head of School will:
- Be an effective and experienced senior leader with excellent management and organisational skills.
- Be able to lead transformational change, working at pace alongside governors and staff.
- Have sound knowledge of education best practice and be able to challenge and support to ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Monitor progress and performance to ensure every child and every member of staff achieves their best.
- Be innovative, working in partnership with our community, with neighbouring schools as part of Sussex Coast Teaching School Alliance, Hove Cluster Partnership and with the Local Authority.
- Be committed to equality and able to tackle barriers to learning and well-being.
- Have a holistic focus on children’s well-being to ensure a safe and inspirational learning environment.
We strongly encourage visits during the mornings of Thursday 25th April, Thursday 2nd and Tuesday 7th May. If you are unable to attend on these dates, we will try to arrange an alternative time. This can be arranged by contacting Charlotte Freeman, PA to Headteacher. Email address: email@example.com.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.