Fostering Team Manager
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Salary: Starting from £45,591– up to £ 48,531plus £2000 annual market forces entitlement
Contract Type: Permanent,
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Fostering Service as a Team manager in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead.
Working with a partner in the private sector, our fostering service has been described nationally as “pioneering a creative programme for recruiting and supporting carers”.
You will be joining a service rated as Good with Outstanding Leaders and Managers, who have relentless ambition for our Children and young people.
We are a supportive management team where you will have the opportunity to fully utilise your skills and experience, to drive change by embedding the ARC and Mockingbird models to achieve a trauma informed fostering service. To continually improve and develop the service in the best interests of our children.
This is a varied and challenging role where candidate is expected to have the following:
- A qualified social worker with HCPC registration
- A leader with sound knowledge of Fostering Regulations and National Minimum Standards; and substantial experience in fostering, safeguarding and assessment preferably at management level.
- Ability and experience to lead a team of 7.5 Supervising social worker and 2 supportive lodgings SSW with a responsibility for over 100 fostering households.
- Ability to build on our success and drive our utilisation, to ensure that foster carers are supported to improve outcomes and stability for our children looked after.
- Role involves recruiting and supporting foster carers to increase sufficiency of placements for our children.
- As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites.In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role.
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This includes:
- Competitive Salary Starting from £45,591– up to £ 48,531plus £2000 annual market forces entitlement
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
Closing date: 28th April 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed