1 Full time and one part time Senior Practitioner/Senior social worker 0-25 Together Service
Contract Type: Permanent Full time
Salary: Starting from £34,788 – upto £38,813 plus £4000 market forces payment
Hertfordshire County Council has an exciting opportunity for experienced children’s Social Workers or Senior Practitioners looking to further their career. The Transforming Care Team is transferring from the Adult Disability Service to 0-25 Together Service in April 2019 as part of a nationally and locally recognised need to extend the programme to Children and Young People. We are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic workers who have the experience and drive necessary to meet the rewarding challenges of this role as the team move to an all age cohort.
In a Senior Practitioner, we look for candidates with highly developed specialist knowledge of Children’s Social Work practice and an in-depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation relating to Looked After Children.
We provide you a working environment with forefront of best practice to deliver personalised support to vulnerable children with the most complex care needs such as autistic spectrum disorders and learning disabilities who may be at risk of inappropriate psychiatric hospital admissions or developing discharge pathways.
This is a varied and challenging role where candidate is expected to have the following
- Shared responsibility for leading and mentoring less experienced staff and delivering training to the wider service.
- Strong written and verbal skills is required for this role as the role entails preparing and delivering reports in various court and hospital settings.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- Excellent communication skills to work in partnership with stakeholders including clinical teams, commissioners and public protection agencies.
- Confidence to make autonomous decisions; able to Smart Work and visit out of county placements.
In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, protected caseload to deliver intensive and personalised care, regular supervision and an approachable and supportive team.
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This includes:
- Competitive Salary Starting from £34,788 – upto £38,813 plus £4000 market forces payment
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out – please visit www.hertsrewards.co.uk for more detail.
For an informal discussion, please contact Becky Smith on 01438 845479 or Peter McVicar on 01442 454248 .
Closing Date: 24th April 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 6th May 2019