Job Title: Head of Infrastructure
Management Grouping: Place, Communities and Infrastructure
Department: Major Projects, Infrastructure and Delivery
Salary: £46,542 - £54,345 (inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefit of £2,322pa) with an up to 20% market premia
Contract: Permanent – 36 Hours
Closing Date: 23rd April 2019
Located in south east London, Bexley is within easy reach of central London, rural Kent and the continent. As a Thames Gateway borough Bexley is now planning for the prospect of significant housing and employment growth, as well as infrastructure investment.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Programme Manager in a relevant discipline who will work collaboratively with colleagues within the Council, partner agencies and other organisations to ensure the delivery of Infrastructure projects to meet the Council’s Growth Strategy and serve existing residents, adopting a One Council approach at all times.
You will bring vision, passion, leadership skills and manage a programme of Infrastructure projects to the desired quality, within budget and on time meeting the needs of our current and future residents and businesses.
You will need to be Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and able to work under pressure and use your own initiative.
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of Infrastructure projects to unpin
the growth strategy, including but not limited to:
- Digital infrastructure.
- District heating
- Electrical vehicle charging
- Pull through of transport related projects such as cycling, bus transport linking with the hard delivery with Highways and Traffic and Road Safety.
- Green (and Blue) infrastructure
- Public Realm improvements and coordination with Housing Delivery.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Programme Manager, within one or more of the Infrastructure areas, and be able to evidence their ability perform at a senior level.
The following requirements are all mandatory for this post:
- Demonstrable experience in leading and developing a team or service;
- Achievement of measurable results in an environment where political and financial issues impact on service delivery;
- Knowledge of major legislative, social and economic issues relevant to the job;
- Evidence of successfully managing budgets and commitment to deliver services in line with the agreed budget.
In addition you will demonstrate clear commitment to the Council’s blueprint, operational model and to the new ways of working described in the General Purposes Committee report.
Demonstrate a clear commitment and willingness to adhere to the Managerial Contract for Bexley Managers.
What we offer
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,253 per annum
- Career average revalued earnings pension scheme
- Performance related pay
- 27 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years service) plus bank holiday entitlement
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to Cycle to work scheme
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The Head of Infrastructure is a new role, borne out of the Council’s growth strategy and will work alongside the Head of Services for Highway, Traffic and Road Safety and Housing Delivery. The post holder will help put in place a blended team of project managers and external consultants.
How to apply
- Closing Date for your application: 23/4/2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated/Interview date: w/c 29 April 2019.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers