£34,688 per annum for 36 hours per week with the Waverley Locality Team based at Waverley Borough Council offices, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1HR.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Please do not apply if you have been unsuccessful at interview stage previously for this role for any team across Adult Social Care in Surrey County Council as your application will not be considered for 3 months from your interview date.
About the role
Are you a qualified, HCPC registered social worker who has successfully completed their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE). (NB this applies only to social workers who qualified on or after 2012).
Do you excel in your profession and are you interested in the challenges of working in a busy, professional environment? In Waverley we're looking to recruit two qualified experienced social workers.
You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards and sound knowledge and experience of current legislation, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act and its application to practice in a social care setting.
You will need to be confident in undertaking safeguarding enquiries, carry out assessments within the community and working with a diverse group of individuals and partner agencies.
You will be able to communicate in a clear, fluent, concise and jargon-free way and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
You will be able to supervise less experienced members of staff within the team and support their development. In return for all of your skills, enthusiasm and commitment we will support you to take your career to the next level.
How we will support you in your role:
- You will attend a full 3 week induction where you will undertake all the mandatory training you will need. This will include classroom training, e-learning and a range of work place shadowing opportunities.
- You will receive an annual appraisal along with regular supervision sessions
- You will be assigned a "buddy" to help you settle into your new role
- Be provided with a Practice, Performance and Personal Development folder to support your career development
- Have access to a wide range of training opportunities to help you develop yourself within the role
If you would like to join us please submit your CV and personal statement clearly evidencing:
- Experience of working within Adult Social Care (experience of working with various groups i.e. older adults, physical disability, learning disability)
- Recognised Social work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, CSS or approved equivalent, BA Hons Social Work or other relevant degree in Social Work)
- Registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Must have a full UK driving licence with use of a vehicle
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion contact Therese Ross on 01483 518990.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 28/04/2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing 13/05/2019.
About the organisation
Values and Behaviours
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy. For more information about our values and behaviours please follow this link.
How to apply
You can find useful guidance on our website to assist you with your job application. There are also further helpful hints, handy tips and employment advice to make sure your application sells you in the best possible way.