Head of Programme and Change Support
Directorate: Corporate Services
Location: 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG
Job Level: Level 6, Zone 1
£58,262 - £71,207 + benefits
Contract Type: 1 Year x Fixed Term/ Secondment Full time, 37 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Click HERE for information on Camden’s flexible working options
Delivering a broad portfolio of public services including education, waste management, housing, arts & culture and planning, Camden operates through three directorates and has built an enviable reputation for supporting its 250,000 residents in one of the most diverse boroughs in London. A fixed-term maternity cover post has become available to continue to lead the council’s approach to overseeing corporate programmes at an exciting time for the council, with a new chief executive and recently agreed Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS).
To provide leadership for programme and project management within the council to ensure effective support to the delivery of change, heading up a small central team and with responsibility for the key areas below.
- Supporting the development and implementation of an organisation-wide portfolio of change that flows from the strategic direction of the organisation, in agreement with the Camden Management Team (CMT) and councillors, and supports the organisation to save money, create a better return on investment and improve delivery against corporately agreed priorities and outcomes.
- Developing an approach to overseeing Camden’s suite of corporate programmes that is sustainable and right for the organisation.
- Providing constructive challenge and support to areas of the organisation to find new and innovative solutions to deliver and improve impact on outcomes.
- Supporting the organisation to prioritise change activity and to undertake resulting projects and programmes in a manageable way.
- Expanding our ‘Community of Practice’ of project and programme managers, in order to facilitate peer-to-peer support, learning and development.
- Developing the project and programme management skills and knowledge of staff working in the organisation and in the Strategy and Change Service.
- Facilitating further join up between support functions, to streamline support to the organisation and enhance collaboration and the sharing of insight.
- Effectively managing relationships at all levels between the central programmes function and those delivering/responsible for change throughout the organisation.
The right candidate will be an experienced programme manager/director, PMO manager, transformation manager, or complex project manager, ideally within the public sector, local authority, central government or related consulting arena. You will demonstrate substantial expertise at a senior level of delivering high profile, high risk and high impact transformation and change projects, exposure to complex programme management and a track record of delivering benefits through the coordination of a portfolio of projects. The role demands strong people and stakeholder engagement and the ability to promote good practice and new ways of working across the organisation.
For further information see the job profile. Interested candidates can find out more by contacting Sanjay Mackintosh, Director of Corporate Strategy (email@example.com), or Katie Glass, Head of Programme and Change Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Camden’s main offices are located in modern, award-winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative, flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities. Click HERE to see the full details of our excellent benefits Make it work for you. Make it your Camden. Discover and Diversity To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
How to apply
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application form you will be expected to explain how you meet the key requirements for this role listed in this advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions. Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at email@example.com, or post to 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
Closing dates for applications: Monday 22 April 2019, 23:59
Interviews to be held: w/c 29th April 2019
Please quote reference: 1900007D
To view the Job Profile please click HERE
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are:
20 May 2019
17 June 2019