GIS Team Leader
Starting Salary: £34,788 pa progressing to £38,813 pa
Permanent Contract, Full Time Hours
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the unit to lead on the management and development of an Enterprise GIS (ArcGIS Enterprise , Server , Portal , ArcSDE) as well as developing spatial data standards, managing OS spatial datasets, providing spatial data analysis and promoting the use of GIS throughout the organisation.
The successful candidate must have extensive experience of ArcGIS desktop software, some experience of web maps and web applications (ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal), experience of an Enterprise GIS and good spatial database management skills (SQL). The successful candidate will be organised, fast working but with a high degree of accuracy. They will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and professional.
Ultimately the Mapping & GIS Service are responsible for the management of the HCC Corporate GIS for use by staff, partners and the public.
The challenges set by the HCC GIS Strategy are to:
- Better inform service development and delivery to optimise outcomes for service users
- Enable GIS “self-service”
- Establish a centre of GIS expertise
- Improve resilience and efficiency
- Provide the most appropriate tools to service users
- Ensure the authority can take advantage of rapidly evolving GIS technology
For an informal discussion on the role please contact Patrick Wray on 01992 555064 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21 April 2019
Interview date: 30 April 2019