There is an exciting opportunity for you to join our busy Client Finance Team based in Widnes. This is a varied role that would suit somebody with good organisational and numeracy skills, as well as an interest in helping to protect vulnerable people and their families.
A key part of the job involves managing and handling your own caseload of clients who have lost the mental capacity to manage their own financial affairs. The work can be both challenging and rewarding.
The role involves:
- Making applications to the Court of Protection;
- Helping to maximise clients’ incomes;
- Paying clients’ bills;
- Negotiating with and preparing reports for external companies, such as utility companies, debt collecting agencies, estate agents, trades people, solicitors, the Court of Protection, Office of Public Guardian and the Department of Works and Pensions.
The role will also the processing of payments in respect of foster care placements, adoption allowances, special guardianship orders, child arrangement orders and young care leavers.
The successful applicant will have:
- 5 GCSEs at grade A-C, or equivalent (which must include Mathematics)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working in a financial environment
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidentially with clients and their affairs
- Ability to work under own initiative and plan, prioritise and organise workload to meet deadlines
- Experience of providing good customer care
In return, we can offer:
- Excellent career progression
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Salary (range) £19554 to £21166 per annum.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Cathy Harper, Senior Client Finance Officer on 0151 511 8167
Interviews will be held on 14/05/2019