BACME Senior Practitioner - Lead for attendance
Families and Homes Directorate
Full Time – Permanent
Pay scale: PO4 (£38,994 - £41,847)
The Families and Homes Directorate of Waltham Forest is working to the principles of Safe, Well, Independent and Resilient and we recognise that being in school is fundamental to achieving these principles for our children and young people. The role of the BACME Senior will be a key in the promotion of positive attendance and behaviour practice and strategies with schools.
The key accountabilities for this role include:-
- To line manage 4 BACME Officers
- To work to quality assure, coordinate and lead officer work with schools, including consulting with Head teachers and/or other designated school staff on cases of irregular attendance.
- To implement the local authorities statutory duties to provide access to suitable education for pupils who are permanently or fixed term excluded from school.
- Be responsible to advise and assist parents/carers to meet their responsibilities with regard to relevant sections of the Education Act 1996(namely s.443 and s444).
- Gather and record information about the young person and family and the contact with various services and interpret these in the context of possible safeguarding need.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Cheryle Davies, Head of Behaviour, Attendance and Children Missing Education (BACME) Service on: 07807 035678
Closing date: 23rd April 2019
How to Apply