Job Ref: CYP-18-094
Job type: full-time 35 hours
Closing date: Sunday 21 April 2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £41,601 - £43,503 pa (PO4)
This is an exciting opportunity that will support the Access, Inclusion and Participation Service, within the Children and Young People (CYP) Directorate at Lewisham Council.
The role provides the opportunity support the Councils’ obligations to ensure it fulfils its pupil data functions, for example School Admissions and Free School Meals.
The successful candidate would lead on the Council’s Synergy Improvement Plan, provide advice and expertise in relation to Synergy modules and work collaboratively to maximize the use and development of technology.
- The role would also provide an opportunity:
- To support the development, maintenance and support of users of the Synergy system across the Council Directorates and maximise the use of ICT in the service, in order to improve performance and safeguard children.
- To lead on developing and promoting good/best practice within Lewisham business users.
- To be responsible for the import of an extract of the termly School Census data via the Performance Team and any weekly data collections from schools into the pupil database (Synergy).
- To manage and resolve data quality issues arising from the imports into the Integrated Synergy database and related School Census issues.
- To ensure that information flows timely and securely to enable services within the Directorates to manage workloads effectively.
It would include the development and implementation of efficient ways to manage quality assurance, organise, store and analyse Synergy data with attention to accuracy, security and confidentiality, enabling the service to respond positively and effectively to local and national initiatives.
Laurence House, Catford.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic person with a pro-active approach to work and detailed knowledge of:
- Data quality and data management issues involved in managing data about children any young people.
- Data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc)
- Structured query language (SQL)
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology, including best practice use of the Synergy/Servelec pupil database.
- Understanding of Children and Young Peoples Services within a local authority setting.