Start Date 1 September 2019 or earlier by agreement
The governors of Deighton Primary School wish to appoint a highly skilled and motivated Headteacher who can demonstrate a strong commitment to securing the highest quality provision and outcomes for our pupils. Deighton Primary School is a friendly primary which takes pride in providing a nurturing and inclusive learning environment with happy, inquisitive learners. We have excellent working relationships with our cluster schools and successful partnership working within the region. The latest Estyn Inspection Report states “All staff demonstrate a strong commitment to enhance the wellbeing of all pupils and build aspirations". Our mission statement is at the heart of all we do: "Believe, Achieve and Aim for excellence". We have a strong team of teaching and support staff, who are dedicated to achieving the best for all learners.
The successful candidate will:
- Will provide clear, inspirational ideas for raising educational standards.
- Possesses excellent leadership, management, communication and personal skills.
- Will promote values that develop our learners’ wellbeing and love of learning.
- Has the ability to build on the excellent links that have been established within the cluster, with parents, and with the wider community.
- Be an exemplary teacher with the highest expectations of children’s’ learning.
- Lead by example and inspire, motivate and support others.
- Have excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Be resilient and thrive on challenge.
- Have up to date knowledge and understanding of the National Mission for Wales Successful Futures; the new ALN Bill and new Professional Standards for Leadership.
We can offer:
- Strong guidance and support from the Governing body and other stakeholders.
- The potential to further develop your leadership skills.
- The opportunity to work creatively to raise pupil achievement and attainment.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: Monday 22 April 2019 – 12:00am, midnight
Shortlisting: Monday 29 April 2019
School Tour/Interviews: Wednesday 8 May 2019
School Council Interviews: Tuesday 7 May 2019