St Bernard’s RC Primary School - A Voluntary Academy is looking for an outstanding Year 6 teacher to lead our KS2 department
We are the lead school within Ignite Teaching School Alliance and as such have many opportunities to develop teachers and leaders through our extensive training opportunities.
We can offer you:
- a school whose ethos is rooted in faith and driven by Gospel Values
- a welcoming and inclusive school community with awesome children
- a dynamic and supportive team who care passionately about making a difference to all our pupils
- extensive opportunities to develop your practice and leadership through our teaching school networks and training routes
- a commitment to improving workload and wellbeing, including a no marking approach
- exciting partnerships with organisations to develop our curriculum such as Chester Zoo and Action Transport Theatre
We are looking for:
- a dynamic and experienced teacher who is passionate about education
- a reflective practitioner who believes that learning is lifelong
- a team player who is forward thinking, creative and can inspire others
- a leader with energy, drive and a clear understanding of excellence
- someone with a proven track record of improving outcomes for children
Application forms are available online. Please note that the CES application form includes space for a supporting statement and that a separate cover / supporting letter isn’t required. Please complete application and additional information forms and email them to Steve Jevons - Head of School (email@example.com)
We would warmly welcome prospective candidates to visit our school on the following dates:
Tuesday 23rd April – 4:00 pm
Tuesday 30th April – 4:00 pm
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your visit.
The closing date is Friday 3rd May. Lesson observations will be arranged for shortlisted candidates following this and interviews will take place on Tuesday 21st May 2019
Our school community places the highest priority on keeping our children safe. Applicants will be subject to stringent vetting and induction processes. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. St Bernard’s is committed to Equal Opportunities in Employment.