It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining Croydon – especially to work on digital, data and technology services. Digital transformation is central to our ambitious plans and we are, in the words of our Chief Digital Officer, not messing around.
We are establishing a new Croydon Digital Service within the council – transforming our ICT team into a GDS-style service that can support the digital transformation of the council, revolutionise our online services for residents, and lead cross-sectoral work to enhance the borough through digital and technical innovation.
We have signed the Local Digital Declaration, committing us to delivering user-centred services that meet the Government Service Standard, and to following the Technology Code of Practice. We seek to collaborate, wherever possible, across London boroughs (led by City Hall) and all local authorities to share learnings, ideas and solutions. We work in the open, inviting feedback and input from our stakeholders.
About the role
We are looking for a Finance Manager to work closely with the Croydon Digital Service’s business manager and senior leadership team to ensure strong financial governance.
We are looking for an individual that has experience and is capable of setting financial controls for both revenue and capital budgets. They will need to demonstrate strong stakeholder management and an ability to set clear frameworks that are aligned to the central finance division.
This is an exciting opportunity to be the Finance Manager in an environment of an enhanced, flexible multi-sourced ICT ecosystem that enables agile delivery and embraces change. There has been a lot of change within the Croydon Digital Service in recent months and it is an optimal time to join the team, ensuring sound financial planning and management as we deliver an ambitious change agenda.
This role will:
- Monitor the day to day financial operations across the Croydon Digital Service.
- Track the services financial status and performance to identify any areas of potential improvement.
- Provide regular financial reports to the senior management team to aid decisions
- Review financial data to produce monthly, quarterly, annual reports and
- Establish and maintain financial frameworks that are aligned to the councils central finance team.
- Assist budget holders to regularly review and monitor their spend
- Ensure digital services and contracts are managed effectively in terms of cost, quality and delivery
- Coordinate and manage the ICT training and development budget.
- Manage the financial and contracts analyst
- Worked within a local authority or digital finance role
- Budget monitoring for both capital and revenue
- Working within a fast pace environment
- Stakeholder Management at all levels
- Supplier performance management
- Dispute resolution
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
What’s in it for you?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a Council with ambitious plans to grow and genuinely want to develop their technology setup to improve customer experience.
We invest in our employees to help develop and achieve professional goals whilst also providing you with the opportunity to work with brilliant minds and be part of an exceptional high performing team. We also have a generous benefits package