About the Role
This role is within an innovative multi-agency project that will support the successful coordination of local statutory and voluntary services to work in partnership with Syrian refugee families who come to live within our area as part of the Government’s Vulnerable Persons Relocation Scheme.
In South East Surrey, the three Councils are working in partnership to provide this service. You will work as part of a team to coordinate and support local families through a variety of different services and sector agencies, with successful results.
About the Person
We are looking for:
• Spoken and written Arabic – of a dialect conversant with Syrians – to a high level.
• Experience of working in child or adult social care, community policing, health, education, housing, youth work or work with parents.
• The ability to work practically, supporting people with their finances and to seek employment opportunities.
• A commitment to a calm and patient approach, with an ability to create boundaries that empower Syrian refugees towards independence.
• An innovative, supportive, positive and flexible person.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Debby Baskaran, Intervention Team Leader on 01737 276473.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: 21st April 2019
Interview date: 29th April 2019
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.