Are you ready for a new challenge in a highly successful large primary academy in the heart of Grimsby?
Would you like to be part of a strong, happy and effective team?
Are you committed to an ethos of inclusion and equality?
Do you want to challenge yourself and further develop your leadership skills?
Following the promotion of our Head of School to Principal, we are restructuring our Leadership Team and are seeking to appoint an exceptional and visionary Vice Principal to be an integral part of the team. Building on the strong foundations already in place, the Vice Principal will play a vital role as they bring their experience, vision and ambition to secure excellent provision in all areas, with a focus on Inclusion, Behaviour and Welfare.
The successful candidate will inspire the pupils and staff at OSPA to be the very best that they can be and to deliver an exemplary education for all, no matter what their starting points. At OSPA, our motto is ‘Believe in Yourself’ and we pride ourselves on our nurturing and caring environment. We are a UNICEF Gold Rights Respecting School and a Pearson Silver Winner for ‘School of the Year – Making a Difference’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader who demonstrates resilience, energy and an enthusiastic approach to school leadership. As part of our vibrant learning community, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop further as a leader and enhance their career, surrounded by supportive and highly motivated colleagues.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate an understanding and awareness of the needs of pupils in Grimsby and how these can be met
- Value all our children, take pride in their achievements, inspiring them to be life-long learners and realise their full potential
- Encourage teamwork so staff and pupils contribute to school improvement
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Be creative and innovative, lead by example and inspire the school community to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our children
- Be committed to their own and others’ professional development
- Be an active member of the Ormiston Academies Trust learning community and committed to promoting the Trust’s vision
In return we can offer:
- A friendly and supportive team environment where everyone works together for the benefit of the children
- A commitment to extensive and varied professional development including advancement opportunities such as NPQSL or NPQH
- Happy, enthusiastic and energetic pupils who love to learn
- A welcoming, bright and friendly academy which provides a positive learning environment for all
- A strong emphasis on staff well-being, ranging from workload reduction strategies to yoga and staff lunches
If you think that you have the experience and skills to fulfil this role then we would love to hear from you.
Visits to our academy are strongly encouraged and we look forward to welcoming potential candidates on one of our pre-arranged tours with Miss Kate Robinson (Principal from September 2019), which are taking place on Thursday, 4th April and Friday 5th April 2019.
Contact details: Miss Kate Robinson Tel: 01472 231659 option 2 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries relating to the post.
Interviews to be held Wednesday 1st May 2019 or Thursday 2nd May 2019
Further details about this exciting opportunity can be found in the Applicant Pack attached.
Ormiston South Parade Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.