Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Hillingdon Council is looking for a skilled officer that will be part of a team of professional officers who deliver a high quality, responsive private sector housing service that meets the needs of its customers.
You will be part of a team of professional officers who provide an efficient private sector housing service that reacts quickly to all enquiries, service request and complaints. You will assess housing conditions and management in private sector housing, give advice and take action as necessary, including enforcement action to ensure that living conditions and management standards are brought up to satisfactory standards
You will ensure that the service is effective and efficient and all enforcement of legislation is fair, transparent, clear and consistent and in accordance with the Council’s procedures and enforcement policy.
About the person
To be successful in this post, you should have a curious and creative mindset with the ability to provide and implement solutions to any challenging situation. You will have a broad knowledge of Housing and PSH legislation. Working to tight deadlines and prioritising work effectively is essential to meet customer and business needs. You will be a clear communicator, with the ability to manage and influence challenging situations to a successful conclusion. Investigating cases and completing follow up reports is a key part of the role, you will therefore have the ability to investigate and write structured reports as required. You must have excellent interpersonal skills to support ongoing customer care and work effectively within a team environment. This is an interesting time for the Housing sector and this post will provide you with the perfect opportunity to support and contribute to the Housing strategy and make a real value added difference to its clients.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy