Our well established Primary School is seeking to recruit enthusiastic, creative and experienced Upper Key Stage Two Primary Teacher to start in September 2019. Applicants for the post will have up-to-date knowledge and be experienced practitioners. The successful candidate will join a dedicated and dynamic team and will work in our 320 pupil school, situated in the capital, Stanley. This is a unique opportunity to live overseas whilst working within an English school system.
We are seeking to recruit Upper Key Stage Two Primary Teacher who:
- are focused on helping children achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment;
- are a graduate with Qualified Teacher Status (Primary) and who have completed their induction and preferably has at least 3 years' successful teaching experience;
- have experience in more than one key stage in the primary age range;
- can demonstrate a thorough recent knowledge of the 2014 English National Curriculum and/or the EYFS Statutory Framework;
- are committed to differentiation and SEN inclusive practice;
- can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress;
- can work within and contribute to coaching and mentoring environment;
- have good interpersonal skills and work well in teams;
- possesses good IT skills and have solid IWB knowledge;
- are able to contribute to the development of extra curriculum opportunities.
- A stimulating and supportive working environment with enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- Basic starting salary up to £38,740 per annum
- Eligibility for a 25% gratuity payable upon satisfactory completion of the contract
- Favourable rates of income tax
- Airfares for the post holders and recognised dependants at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract
- A relocation grant
- Accommodation to rent
- Free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level
- A unique and beautiful environment to live and work
How to Apply
If you have any questions about working for the Falkland Islands Government or would like further information about applying, you can find contact details at the above link.
Applications close at 20.00 UK time on 28th April 2019 with interviews to be held on Thursday 2 May 2019 via telephone or Skype. More details about an interview task and opportunity to share video clips of teaching practice will be provided to shortlisted teachers.
For more information and to apply online to join our team in a unique and breath-taking location, with penguins, dolphins and the wilderness just next door to your office, please visit our new recruitment website: www.jobs.gov.fk.
School Website: http://www.fig.gov.fk/ijs/