St John's CE Primary School, Denmark Street, Waterloo, L22 9RG, 0151-928-5685
Re-advertisement due to extension of recruitment period.
Job Title: Assistant Head Teacher
Grade: Teachers Leadership Scale (L1-L5)
Contract Hours: Full time
Salary: £39,394 - £43,454
Start date: 1 September 2019
The Governors of St. John’s C.E. Primary School are looking to appoint a highly effective, highly motivated and ambitious Assistant Headteacher to further strengthen the leadership team. The post requires an experienced teacher, who is creative and innovative, with vision, drive and commitment to work in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, all staff and parents to build on the school’s achievements.
The successful candidate will teach in a KS2 class, will lead the KS2 phase and be a member of the Senior Leadership Team. The post will include responsibility for leading on curriculum and should state their curriculum strengths in their application.
The successful Assistant Headteacher will:
- Be committed to actively supporting and promoting the school’s Christian vision, ethos and values
- Be an outstanding teacher with recent, successful experience in KS2
- Have effective subject leadership experience with sustained impact across the primary phase
- Use vision and expertise to lead KS2
- Be effective in leading, inspiring and supporting staff
- Be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Be an innovator who can lead new initiatives/projects
- Is able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our school
- Have a vision for curriculum design and development across the school
In return, we can offer:
- a welcoming, caring, aspirational school with a strong Christian ethos and clear Christian vision for education
- a positive working environment
- well behaved, respectful children who are excited to learn
- a strong and dedicated governing body
- an outward facing school that is committed to the continuous professional development of our team
Visits to the school: From 4 April 2019. Please contact the school on 0151 928 5685 to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications: Friday 26 April 2019 at 1:00pm.
Shortlisting: Friday 26 April 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by telephone with a follow up letter.
Observations: will take place in candidates’ own school from 29 April 2019 to 10 May 2019.
Interviews: Friday 17 May 2019
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). This post is subject to Local Government Pension Scheme. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
How to apply
Submission of a fully completed application form with a supporting letter. The supporting letter to be a maximum of 1,200 words/font size 12.
Applications can be completed online. Alternatively, completed applications should be returned by post or by hand to the school for the attention of the Headteacher Mrs C McManus, addressed C/O Mrs M Holbrook, Bursar, St John's CE Primary School, Denmark Street, Waterloo, Liverpool L22 9RG. Please do not send emails or CVs.